CIAC Annual Conference 2014 Materials
NOTE: All linked documents are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format – link to Acrobat Reader is at the bottom of this page.
Breakout Session I
- " Student Success Initiatives" by Dr. Carol Conrad, San Diego Community College District
- " New Frontier Model in Online Education" by Catrina Roitman, Western International University
- " C-ID Concerns and Solutions" by Michelle Pilati, Rio Hondo College
General Session IASSIST Next Generation: Overview, Update and Demonstrations
[by Holly Demé, ASSIST Program Manager; Jeff Dodge, Governet]
- " ASSIST Next Generation. Overview, Updates and Demonstrations Presentation Guide"
- " ASSIST Next Generation. Overview, Updates and Demonstrations PowerPoint"
- " ASSIST Next Generation Timeline"
Breakout Session II
- " The CSU and Associate Degrees for Transfer" by Nathan Evans and Ken O'Donnell, CSU Chancellor's Office
- " Degree Acceleration. Time Efficient and Cost Effective Degree Completion Options" by Suzanne Toniny, University of Phoenix
- Setting Up and Maintaining an Articulation Office in the Private Sector and Putting It All Together
– How to Organize and Track Articulation
[by Alice Gandara, Loyola Marymount University; Dave DeGroot, Allan Hancock College; Duane Short, San Diego Miramar College]
" Setting Up and Maintaining an Articulation Office in the Private Sector and Putting it All Together-How to Organize and Track Articulation"
" Sample A: Spanish at East Los Angeles College"
" Sample B: Biology at Long Beach City College"
" Sample C: Tracking Form"
" Sample D: Articulation Authorization Form"
" Sample E: Biology at Santiago Canyon College"
Breakout Session IIIPerspectives and Challenges of AOs Intersegmentally
[by Cathy Beane, CSU Long Beach; Estela Narrie, Santa Monica College; Maheba Merhi, National University; Yoly Woo-Hoogenstyn, UC San Diego]
- " Creating a Transfer Pathway for California Community College Students" by Estela Narrie
- " California Articulation Policies and Procedures Handbook, Chapter 5" by Yoly Woo-Hoogenstyn
" News and Notes from UC Transfer Articulation" by Nancy Purcille and Jennifer Forsberg, UC Office of the President
Breakout Session IVIntersegmental On-Line Innovations
[by Nathan Evans, CSU Chancellor's Office; Bonnie Edwards, Community Colleges Chancellor's Office; Barbara Love, UC Santa Cruz]
- " On-Line Innovations in the CSU" by Nathan Evans
- " Innovations in Online Education" by Bonnie Edwards
- " Online Education at UC" by Barbara Love
" Articulation at a Private Institution" by Alexis Ribeiro, University of the Pacific
Breakout Session VSegmental Breakouts
- " CCC Breakout Session" by Bob Quinn
General Session IIKeynote Address: Senator Marty Block
Breakout Session VI
- " Rethinking Remediation" by Dr. Katie Hern, Chabot College; Myra Snell, Los Medanos College
- Culture Shock. Helping Veterans Transition from the Military to College
[by Duane Short, San Diego Miramar College]
" Culture Shock. Helping Veterans Transition from the Military to College"
" Miltary Culture vs. College Culture"
" Questions To Avoid Asking Veterans"
" Sample Welcoming Text For Syllabi"
" Suggested Readings, DVDs, and Websites"
" VA Benefits in Brief"
" Tips for the Teaching/Learning Environment"
" Veteran-Specific Resources"
" What is PTSD?"
" What is TBI?"
- " ASSIST Next Generation: Panel Q&A with Related Demonstrations" by Holly Demé